Operating systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux) must be protected by regularly installing security updates. Members of the University of Leipzig can connect their Windows PC to the update service of the URZ here. The computer centre provides a Microsoft Windows Update, which is a simple way to keep Windows, but also many Microsoft programmes, up to date.
This service will be adapted and will only be available for terminals managed by the URZ from 1 January 2023.
Our service for you
The service offers users:
- Regular installation of security updates for current Windows operating systems
- Easy to use via the connector programme "URZ-Windows-Update.exe
- All discovered security gaps in Microsoft products are closed as quickly as possible and (almost) without user intervention on the PC maintained in this way. Updates and driver updates are included
To restore the original Windows Update settings, please download the following file and run it on the endpoint. After a restart, the Windows updates are then obtained and installed directly from Microsoft.
The use of the service requires compliance with the following regulations:
- For all services of the University Computer Centre, the IuK usage regulations of the University Computer Centre of the University of Leipzig apply in principle. Misuse of services of the University Computer Centre may lead to the termination of the usage permit and, if applicable, to criminal proceedings.
- Information Security Regulations and Data Protection Regulations of the Department for Data Protection and Information Security of the University of Leipzig
The Data Protection Officer of the University of Leipzig must be consulted when personal data is collected.
If you have any questions about data protection, please contact the Data Protection Officer of the University of Leipzig.