A digital signature replaces your manual signature online with which you can, for example, privatise your e-mails and PDFs. With a digital signature, the person who sends a signed e-mail guarantees that the e-mail was written by him or her and was not changed during transmission.
OUR SERVICE FOR YOU
The service provides users with:
- an advanced electronic signature in accordance with SigG.
- support in setting up the digital signature
- support in the privatisation of e-mails and PDFs
- Instructions for signing e-mails in the corresponding mail programme
- Instructions for setting up in Adobe Acrobat
- Instructions for signing in Microsoft Word
The use of the service requires compliance with the following regulations:
- For all services of the University Computer Centre, the IuK usage regulations of the University Computer Centre of the University of Leipzig apply in principle. Misuse of services of the University Computer Centre may lead to the termination of the usage permit and, if applicable, to criminal proceedings.
- Information Security Regulations and Data Protection Regulations of the Department for Data Protection and Information Security of the University of Leipzig
The Data Protection Officer of the University of Leipzig must be consulted when personal data is collected.
If you have any questions about data protection, please contact the Data Protection Officer of the University of Leipzig.