The University Computer Centre provides an email box (standard without Exchange including email@example.com) for employees of Leipzig University.
Our service for you
The service provides users with:
- Email box with personal address @uni-leipzig.de
- Sending and receiving of e-mails
- Access worldwide via webmail portal
- Personal and shared calendars
- Address book
- Time-controlled out-of-office notification
- Integration in e-mail programme via IMAP and SMTP
- Encrypted communication between client and server
- Signed and encrypted e-mails via S/MIME user certificate
- x] Central anti-virus protection and anti-spam checks
- Backup and restore in case of data loss
- Data protection compliant according to DSGVO
The use of the service requires compliance with the following regulations:
- For all services of the University Computer Centre, the IuK usage regulations of the University Computer Centre of the University of Leipzig apply in principle. Misuse of services of the University Computer Centre may lead to the termination of the usage permit and, if applicable, to criminal proceedings.
- Information Security Regulations and Data Protection Regulations of the Department for Data Protection and Information Security of the University of Leipzig
The Data Protection Officer of the University of Leipzig must be consulted when personal data is collected.
If you have any questions about data protection, please contact the Data Protection Officer of the University of Leipzig.
Employees of Leipzig University can also use a mailbox based on Microsoft Exchange in addition to the standard e-mail box. For this, we refer you to our service “Microsoft Exchange email mailbox for employees”. Exchange is a groupware system from Microsoft that combines e-mail, tasks, calendars, address books and many other practical functionalities.