The Uni email is your most important means of communication within Leipzig University. Leipzig University students automatically receive an email account and the corresponding access data together with their university login when they enrol. This email address is used in particular for important information from the University.
Our service for you
The service offers users:
- an official account linked to a function or service (e.g. shared email use in the secretariat, a working group, a project or a committee)
- rights to use
- the possibility to work with several persons on the function account
- Time limit: Standard 2 years or by arrangement. At the end of the period, the responsible person receives a notification and can apply for an account extension.
* By clicking on this button, you confirm that you have taken note of the conditions for using this service.
Each function account must be assigned to a staff member as the responsible person.
The responsible person serves as the contact person for enquiries and can request a password reset from the service desk.
Function accounts are created for a limited period of time. The responsible person receives a notification four weeks before the end of the term and can report an account renewal.
The transfer of responsibility can be reported by the current responsible person to the service desk by e-mail. If the responsible person cannot report the transfer themselves, a supervisor can report the transfer.
The use of the service requires compliance with the following regulations:
- For all services of the University Computer Centre, the IuK usage regulations of the University Computer Centre of the University of Leipzig apply in principle. Misuse of services of the University Computer Centre may lead to the termination of the usage permit and, if applicable, to criminal proceedings.
- Information Security Regulations and Data Protection Regulations of the Department for Data Protection and Information Security of the University of Leipzig
The Data Protection Officer of the University of Leipzig must be consulted when personal data is collected.
If you have any questions about data protection, please contact the Data Protection Officer of the University of Leipzig.