Within the university, network access via Wi-Fi is possible at various locations or areas via the eduroam network, so that good Wi-Fi coverage can be offered. eduroam® also provides free access to thousands of Wi-Fi hotspots worldwide.
Our service for you
The service offers users:
- Secure access to the internet
- Worldwide use of the eduroam network with your university login
- Comprehensive installation instructions for common operating systems
* By clicking on this button, you confirm that you have taken note of the conditions for using this service.
For special requirements, staff on the eduroam network have the option of registering the device as an internal device. This gives you a fixed IP address for static network configurations (e.g. firewall), access to network drives and the ability to activate licences (e.g. Microsoft Office).
To request access to the fip eduroam network, please use the following form:
Apply for fip eduroam Wi-Fi
The use of the service requires compliance with the following regulations:
- For all services of the University Computer Centre, the IuK usage regulations of the University Computer Centre of the University of Leipzig apply in principle. Misuse of services of the University Computer Centre may lead to the termination of the usage permit and, if applicable, to criminal proceedings.
- Information Security Regulations and Data Protection Regulations of the Department for Data Protection and Information Security of the University of Leipzig
The Data Protection Officer of the University of Leipzig must be consulted when personal data is collected.
If you have any questions about data protection, please contact the Data Protection Officer of the University of Leipzig.
The following systems are not supported on the eduroam network:
- Microsoft Windows XP Home and lower: manufacturer has discontinued maintenance of the system.
- Microsoft Windows Phone 7: manufacturer has not implemented the eduroam standard EAP-TTLS/PAP
- Microsoft Windows Phone 8: Manufacturer has not implemented the eduroam standard EAP-TTLS/PAP (with update 8.1 the standard has been implemented by Microsoft, but so far untested)
- Mac OS 10.12 and lower: Manufacturer has discontinued maintenance of the system or does not support the necessary security procedures.
- Blackberry OS / 10: manufacturer has not implemented the eduroam standard EAP-TTLS/PAP
- Symbian S60 9.3 FP 1 and lower: Manufacturer has not implemented the eduroam standard EAP-TTLS/PAP.
- Samsung Bada: Manufacturer has not implemented the eduroam standard EAP-TTLS/PAP
To gain access, please update your system as much as possible.